Welcome back from holidays, trust you’ve had a refreshing summer and are ready for the year ahead! We’ve got some great things planned and I’m pretty excited for 2008.
For those of you who don’t know who CF is, Christian Fellowship is a CSU club for any student who wants to know more about Jesus. Whether you are a Christian or someone interested in what Christianity has to say on different issues, we as a club would like to welcome everyone to come along. Being a part of Christian Fellowship has been one of the most valuable and rewarding (and fun!) things I’ve done since I’ve been at CSU and I really want to encourage you to check it out especially if you are new to uni.
There are a few easy ways for you to get in touch with us:
- We are having a Welcome BBQ tonight (Tuesday 19th) 6pm at the Convention Centre, which is next to dining hall. This is a free BBQ where new students can meet the older students, as well as other new students. See ad for more details.
- This Friday we have a social event at Shearer’s Pool Hall in town. We will kick off at 7.30pm, this will be a great chance to meet lots of new people and don’t worry if your shooting skills are lacking! (Yes, billiards, not swimming!) Transport will be available from Main and South Campus at 7.15pm. If you need a lift meet at the Accomodation Office on Main or at the bus stop on South.
- All year round we meet at the Rec Hall on Sunday nights for Unichurch. The Rec Hall is at Berres Elwood oval, on Ag/Residential side of the hill, behind the gym and Butler Halls. Church starts at 7pm and we’d love to meet you there.
- Another option for those curious about Christianity is to attend CF’s public talks on Wednesday at 3pm near the Mouth Trap. These talks are open to anyone and there will be opportunity to hang around afterwards and meet some people, and even ask the speaker any questions if you like.
- Emily starts playing pranks again
- Natalie cleans her room
- Mark stops bringing back his mummy’s meals for the term